Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Keep it classy in a MAXI!

So, lately I have been really addicted to the new season of The Rachel Zoe project. Let me just say that her line is GORGEOUS! The piece that I fell in love with the most is, the maxi skirts. We all know that Ms.Zoe is the QUEEN of the maxi skirt! So with that said, she was my inspiration behind this post! Let's hear it for all my Zoeanators out there! Yes, I just made that up!

Now, a maxi skirt can't be worn everywhere though. These should be worn to casual events, or just for your "outfit of the day." In her words, " they are everything!" I personally don't think that they are appropriate for special ocassions, ex: weddings, etc. Now the only time that I feel a maxi skirt could be kind of appropriate would be, a nice dinner in the summertime, WITH  a wedge, no gladiators. Gladiators are more of a casual deal.
Other than that, maxis are strictly to be worn, casual but cute!

 One of the best combinations, in my personal opinion, is a denim button up with a soft pastel maxi skirt! Best of both worlds in my opinion, because you have the laid back feel of a denim top, yet you still feel femenine and flirty with the pastel color and the skirt!

 




 
 You don't have to wear denim with a maxi skirt, that is just my personal favorite. You can also wear different kinds of tops from dark colors to yes, even striped ones!

                        
 
 With a white maxi skirt you really do want to keep the rest of the outfit simple. A nice simple top is always the best choice because, the skirt is so clean and fresh and long, that if you were to add more to this outfit, it would just go overboard! A strapless top is perfect!!

 
I am a big fan of belts with these skirts! And since I am going through my gold accessories phase, the following pictures are great examples of how you can incorporate a gold belt into these outfits!
Gold of course is not the only color belt that you can wear some of my other favorites with these skirts are:
Black
Brown
Silver
Cream
You can do any color belt, for a more casual look go with a skinny belt, for a more dramatic look ALWAYS choose a thicker one !
 
 
 
 
 Then there is the neon colored/bright maxi skirt! These of course are the most fun! But with these you really do need to becareful, keep it simple! The color is already so loud that you don't want to add too much to it! Here you can see how you can pair a striped top with a bright color! Perfection.

 
The maxi dress. How can anyone not love these?! And just fyi... Target has some great ones right now! :)
 
 
 

 
 
 
 



 
 
Now, let's talk about the shoe you would wear with these, and I have one thing to say
NO STILLETOS
&
NO CLOSED TOE FLATS
should be worn with these skirts or dresses! Ever.
 
Instead you want to do gladiator, gladiator, gladiator! All the way!
 





 
Now if you MUST have some sort of height, then the only shoe that can work well with these is a wedge!
 
 

 

 
 
Add an over-sized cluth and there you have it! A complete Maxi-Sized outfit!

1 comment: